Coppin State University Baltimore, MD
The Coordinator will support HIV prevention research, community capacity, and infrastructure building initiatives. The Health Education Coordinator will improve HIV prevention, research and care services to MSM (Men Who Have Sex With Men) and YMSM (Young Men Who Have Sex With Men) by expanding the network of linkages into care, coordinating community partnerships, and creating and conducting needs assessment for the Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) community.
Full-Time Health Education Coordinator
- Provide and train others in Health Education and Risk Reduction (HE/RR) services using CDC approved curricula and curricula approved by the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Enroll target population into culturally competent, primary and secondary HIV prevention and treatment curricula.
- Provide training and technical assistance to health and human services providers who serve the target population.
- Develop mechanisms, including but not limited to, peer to peer outreach teams to distribute culturally competent prevention materials to the target populations to reinforce HIV/STD prevention activities.
- Administer all reporting materials and evaluation instruments as determined by the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Assists in the implementation and evaluation a community-level HIV prevention program for young MSM.
- Create needs assessment and data collections tools for various YMSM health initiatives.
Qualifications Education Bachelor’s degree (Masters strongly preferred) in Social Work, Psychology, or a related behavioral health field.
Experience (2) years’ experience facilitating individual and group-level behavioral interventions, preferably those directed at sexual minorities and focused on HIV/STD or substance abuse prevention/treatment; (2) years’ experience in conducting multiple modalities of outreach and education including venue based and stage-based outreach.
Coppin State University, an urban, comprehensive, historically Black institution located in Baltimore, Maryland, offers quality undergraduate and graduate programs in teacher education, the liberal arts, mathematics, sciences, technology, and professional disciplines. The University provides educational access and diverse opportunities for students through excellence in teaching, research, and community engagement thus preparing analytical, socially responsible, lifelong learners. Coppin State University builds on a rich legacy of empowering students, promoting community revitalization, and strengthening relationships with local, national, and global partners.
The post Full-Time Health Education Coordinator appeared first on Seasons of Pride.