He's been taking Daytime by storm on ITV... Now we want to get to know Robert Rinder him a little better.
The GayWebSource.com "Gay News Media and Press Network" is a network for gay media professionals. If you're a member of the gay media or a gay blogger you're welcome to join our network.
Our gay media professionals are able to interact, share news stories and find material for their lgbt media publications. You're able to post press releases, stories and gay headlines for syndication to other gay and lgbt publications. We have members from gay newspapers, gay magazines, gay journals, gay directories, gay radio stations, TV stations and many others. We have publishers, editors and writers from around the world.
Join now to see everything we have to offer your gay publication.
If you're just here to read our news.. we are glad you found us.
Its the 25th Anniversary and you don’t want to miss it!!! One Magical Weekend during Gay Disney – One of the largest LGBT Events in the World! June 5 – June 7, 2015, Orlando Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Epcot.
If it’s the time of your life that you’re looking for then One Magical Weekend is where you’ll want to be! The host hotel the B Resort & Spa will be where it’s all happening with boys and girls from around the world enjoying world class events and a fantastic DJ line up!
This is Disney as it was meant to be – a very personal experience with one or as many as 150,000 of your closest friends coming to Orlando – where Magic truly takes place.
Win One Magical Weekend Vacation for Two
Disney Gay Days – Gay Days Orlando, the first weekend in June each year, attracts 170,000+ from around the world to the central Florida area. The next Gay Days Orlando celebrating its 25th Anniversary will be held June 2-8, 2015 at the beautiful DoubleTree by Hilton Orlando at Sea World. As always, Pool Parties, Expo and more. Orlando, FL June 2-8, 2015
Register to Win Today www.onemagicalweekend.com
Be a part of One Magical Weekend’s – Why You Should be here to Deliver Your Message Directly: The #1 Demographic in the World: High Income/High Spending gay male travelers The Influential Decision Makers in the LGBT Community The Trendsetters for SURE! Rabidly Brand Loyal Median Income $81,400 Attended College 89.6% Own a Home 68% Traveled … http://www.onemagicalweekend.com/gay-biz-expo/
Research Foundation of The City University of New York – New York, NY
The Center for HIV/AIDS Educational Studies and Training (CHEST) of Hunter College, City University of New York, is hiring for a part- time evening receptionist position. CHEST is an internationally recognized multidisciplinary research center which blends academic and community-based work focused on sexual health, HIV/AIDS, LGBT issues, and substance use. General Description: Seeking a Part-Time Evening Front Desk Receptionist that will be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment. Looking for someone with an engaging personality that is highly organized and attention-oriented to greet/welcome participants involved in research studies.
• Answer/screen/direct phone calls
• Greet everyone that enters the facility
• Provide pertinent information to callers
• Uphold Participant Confidentiality
• Schedule/revise appointments either manually or electronically
• Provide general administrative and clerical support Salary: $15 per hour; 16 hours per week
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an eye for detail
• Experience with providing excellent customer service; ideally 2+ years of experience
• Proficient with Microsoft programs (Outlook, Excel, Word, etc.)
• Able to take initiative and direction while being highly reliable
• Manage multiple projects
Position will remain open until 4/27/2015 or until filled.
The Center for HIV Educational Studies & Training (CHEST) conducts research to identify and promote strategies that prevent the spread of HIV and improve the lives of people living with HIV. We have been advocating for and working with the LGBT community since 1996.
The Center for HIV Educational Studies and Training (CHEST) was founded in 1996 by Dr. Jeffrey T. Parsons. CHEST conducts research on social and psychological factors associated with HIV transmission and the well being of those living with HIV, with a particular emphasis on the promotion of sexual health.
CHEST is part of Hunter College of the City University of New York, where Dr. Parsons is faculty in the Psychology Department. CHEST has strong affiliations throughout the CUNY system, with CUNY Faculty Investigators including: Dr. Christian Grov (Brooklyn College), Dr. Tyrel Starks (Hunter College), and Dr. Brooke Wells (Hunter College). CHEST Faculty Affiliates include: Drs. David Bimbi and Juline Koken (Laguardia Community College), Dr. Corina Lelutiu-Weinberger (Hunter College), Dr. David Marcotte (Fordham University), and Dr. John Pachankis (Yale University). In addition, CHEST has strong collaborative partnerships with investigators at Northwestern University, Wayne State University, Purdue University, Emory University, and UCLA.
As an academic research center, CHEST supports post-doctoral fellows, doctoral candidates, masters’ students, and undergraduate interns. The majority of our doctoral students attend the CUNY Graduate Center‘s Health Psychology, Basic and Applied Social Psychology doctoral programs, or the doctoral program in Public Health.
In addition to carrying out formative research, CHEST works hard to disseminate study findings to community organizations serving persons with HIV and at risk for HIV.
The post Evening Receptionist Center for HIV/AIDS Educational Studies appeared first on Seasons of Pride.
All Out – New York, NY
The New York office team is seeking interns to talk to two million All Out members worldwide, supporting with community management and finding amazing content to share with our membership via email, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and beyond. Passionate about the rights of lesbian, gay, bi, and trans people everywhere? Internet addict? Enthusiastic people person? You might be the perfect fit to help manage our truly global community.
In 76 countries around the world it’s a crime to be gay. At All Out, we’re mobilizing millions of people and their social networks to build a powerful movement for love and equality. Our mission is to build a world where no person will have to sacrifice family or freedom, safety or dignity, because of who they are or who they love.
Community Management Social Media Interns
Activities will include:
- Responding and engaging directly with All Out members, adding a personal touch through community management platform ZenDesk
- Researching breaking news on LGBT issues around the world for potential campaigns and shareable content
- Harnessing member energy to collect skillshares and report backs for the full team
- Contributing to strategy discussions on new and existing campaigns, and collaborating with the team to launch and manage offline strands of campaigns when appropriate
This is an amazing opportunity to learn first-hand how a nimble campaigning organization communicates and engages a wide membership through online platforms. The intern will learn:
- How to engage a large membership and keep it active through a commitment curve
- Customer service skills through community management, including quick problem solving and brand ambassadorship
- How to tell a compelling story to a broad audience
- How to work with world-class campaigners in a global, fast-paced, tech-focused environment
- Team-working skills
- How to run online campaigns, including social media advocacy, mass email writing, and other transferable marketing skills
- Analytics of platforms such as Sprout Social, ZenDesk, Facebook, and more
- The internal workings of a fast-paced campaigning organization
The ideal candidate:
- Has a demonstrated commitment to and understanding of LGBT rights, international human rights, or similar social justice movements
- Can work independently and think creatively about our work
- Has the ability to initiate and follow through on projects
- Is fluent in written and spoken English – bonus points for French, Spanish, or Portuguese fluency
- Has a keen interest in all things online
Interns are eligible for academic credit. The position will be based in the heart of New York City, surrounded by other brilliant, fun-loving colleagues at All Out. We are looking for someone who can start immediately and commit at least 15-20 hours a week. This position will run through May and has the option to extend through the summer.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds, specifically women, people of color, LGBT people and international applicants.
Please click here to apply for this position. Please make sure to scroll down to the bottom of the page to submit your application.
Diverse and Resilient, Inc. – Milwaukee, WI
Coordinates access to HIV counseling, testing, and referral services for target populations and provides advanced HIV program support to the HIV Prevention Program Manager.
In achieving the organization’s mission of addressing the healthy development of LGBT youth and adults in Wisconsin, the Counseling, Testing, and Referral (CTR) Specialist partners with the Program Manager to implement programs to reduce HIV among gay and bisexual men and build capacity in communities and organizations in Milwaukee County. This work is exciting, engaging, varied, and challenging.
HIV Counseling, Testing, and Referral (CTR) Specialist
- Reports to HIV Prevention Program Coordinator II and Prevention Manager.
- May provide work direction to program assistants, clerical staff, interns, or volunteers.
- Performs counseling, testing, and referral services to target populations
- Receives training and maintains skills for accurate, high-quality, culturally competent HIV testing.
- Participates in and organizes community outreach events and conducts one-on-one outreach meetings with target population members.
- Identifies persons who are at high risk for HIV infection or are HIV infected and facilitates access to counseling, testing, and referral services.
- Identifies and establishes relationships with community service providers to seek referrals of persons who are at high risk for HIV infection or are HIV infected.
- Provides client-level education and support to identify barriers and facilitate access to referral services.
- Monitor the outcome of referrals to assure agency and client follow-through.
- Routinely participates in HIV risk prevention and health promotion planning and projects by taking an active contributory role; has responsibility for significant portions of project implementation.
- Identifies and plans, develops, and implements additional projects or reports which may be useful to the organization.
- Responds to a wide variety of questions requiring substantial knowledge of the planning projects in particular and the organization in general. Resolves issues to limit issues forwarded to manager.
- Gathers, compiles, and summarizes data for analysis by the Director. Assists in monitoring, tracking, and analyzing data.
- Oversees and/or maintains organizational files, binders, records, logs, etc. Usually is responsible for maintaining the most confidential files. Identifies need for additional recordkeeping and establishes same.
- Frequently uses confidential information and communicates diplomatically to maintain confidentiality.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as necessity dictates.
- The incumbent is responsible for adhering to established service standards of cultural competency and reinforcing those standards with peers, team members.
- Support other D&R programs, including youth programming and company-wide projects.
SPECIALIZED KNOW-HOW & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; high school diploma or equivalent may be acceptable under rare circumstances with evidence of advanced experience.
- Minimum two years of experience in HIV counseling, testing, and referral services preferred. At least one year must be in working with young MSM, particularly African American MSM; three years of work in human sexuality may substitute for this.
- Holds valid Wisconsin driver’s license has access to reliable automobile.
- Must regularly enhance computer skills by completing appropriate training classes.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills.
- Excellent detail-oriented organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills involving established methods or practices; demonstrated ability to make appropriate decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with a high degree of autonomy throughout the workday.
- Considered adept with software applications unique to the organization (i.e., word processing and spreadsheet applications, graphics software, data reporting software, etc.).
- Ability to sit, walk, stand, bend, and lift frequently throughout the workday.
- Occasionally lifts items weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Must have functional speech, vision, and hearing.
- Operates all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Exposed to a normal office environment.
Email or send resume and letter of interest to Mark Neufang, Diverse & Resilient, 2439 N Holton St, Milwaukee, WI 53212 (firstname.lastname@example.org). Resumes should be submitted no later than March 16, 2015; no phone calls, please. Be sure to include the position(s) for which you are applying in your letter.
The post HIV Counseling, Testing, and Referral (CTR) Specialist appeared first on Seasons of Pride.