CenterLink: The Community of LGBT Centers – Fort Lauderdale, FL
Are you a hotshot with great organizational skills, a real interest in LGBT wellness, and desire to really make a difference on a national project? LGBT HealthLink is looking for one superstar to round out our small team. LGBT HealthLink is a CDC-funded project that works to change norms on tobacco, cancer, and wellness in LGBT communities and change norms on LGBT inclusion in the public health community. Want to make a difference and know you have the skills to impress us? The ideal project specialist will have at least a few years of work experience, strong skills in a variety of office software, be self motivated, good at prioritization, great at details, have substantive experience in cross-cultural workspaces, and LOTS of social media chops (do you know what a Klout score is? Do you often find yourself thinking in 140 characters?).
Under the supervision of the LGBT HealthLink Administrator, the Social Media & Project Specialist will focus on social media implementation and assist with projects designed to enhance the uptake of tobacco & cancer & wellness best practices by LGBT community organizations and public health entities, as well as provide administrative support to LGBT HealthLink.
- Responsible for the ongoing management and growth of LGBT HealthLink’s social media presence in alignment with business strategies and direction.
- Collaborate with staff to develop marketing and communications plans that leverage the social media space.
- Responsible for developing content across owned and earned social channels. This could include blog posts, tweets, status updates, pins, photos and videos.
- Creates, manages and grows business presence across social media channels, including, but not limited to blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
- Leverages measurement tools to provide progress reports and mine insights, while continually finding ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
- Assists in the implementation of action plan support systems as specified by protocol objectives
- Assists in maintaining the quality of all written and computerized LGBT HealthLink correspondence.
- Maintains complete and current contact information on all LGBT HealthLink participants
- Generates and disseminates routine communication pieces as assigned.
- Maintains training to manage LGBT HealthLink data in designated electronic formats, is responsible for entering, verifying and managing those data accordingly.
- Maintain multiple social media accounts based on Social Media best practices
- Utilizes written and verbal communication to contribute to the effective functioning of LGBT HealthLink
- Maintains current knowledge of tobacco research by reading medical journals, articles and other related publications, attending conferences, seminars, forums, trainings and other available presentations
- Provide administrative support to the LGBT HealthLink
- Assist in the coordination and hosting of meetings
- Responds to or refers all frontline phone or email communications about LGBT HealthLink to the appropriate staff.
- File, fax and photocopy materials
- Assist with online research as needed
- Assist in maintaining an inventory and ordering supplies
- Assist in preparing individual and bulk mailings in support of LGBT HealthLink’s activities
- Prepare and disseminate minutes of various meetings
- Perform data entry and database maintenance
- Coordinate Steering Committee and sub-committee activity Communications Meetings/ conference calls
- Meets Agency Participatory Expectation
- Adheres to all organizational policies and procedures
- Participates in quality assessment and improvement activities as requested
- Adheres to the highest principles of patient and client confidentiality
- Attends all required meetings, in-services and professional trainings
- Maintains professional competence necessary to perform job responsibilities; maintain and provides agency with records of continuing education activities.
- Serves on agency committees and in professional organizations when requested
Perform related duties as required
Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Minimum of high school graduate or equivalent required.
- Two years of office experience required
- Ability to use effective communication (written and verbal) skills
- Working knowledge and real-world experience in planning, managing and executing social media initiatives
- Real-word experience planning social media programs that span owned (eg Blogs), earned (eg Facebook) and paid (sponsored tweets)
- Database management, MS Office and web design experience highly desirable.
- Ability to work well in a small team setting, handle multiple tasks, prioritize assigned duties, and work independently is essential.
- Strong organizational skills required
- Strong interest in wellness/fighting cancer & Big Tobacco and LGBT health equity/ public health highly preferred
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse groups of individuals (both in an office, as well as remotely)
- Experience building work relationships long distance is strongly preferred (The LGBT HealthLink team works remotely)
- Experience working across ethnically and racially diverse communities required; demonstrated successes in cross-cultural collaborations preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of social media platforms, demonstrated history with building social media presence preferred.
To apply, please email resume, cover letter, salary requirements and FaceBook and/or Twitter handles to: email@example.com