National Brand Director (Young Adult LGBT Tobacco Prevention Campaign)
Are you familiar with today’s LGBT community? Can you manage a large-scale, multi-channel national marketing campaign? Can you manage a marketing team? Can you manage multiple projects at once? Do you want to work towards positive social change?
Then this position is for you.
Rescue Social Change Group (Rescue SCG) is searching for a marketing professional with great communication, writing and planning skills to be the National Brand Director for a tobacco prevention marketing campaign designed specifically to reach Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) young adults (18 – 24) nationwide. This is a “hybrid” position combining the roles of a typical advertising account director, social media director and experiential marketing director to coordinate and/or directly provide all marketing services for this brand.
This person must be highly creative, motivated and energetic. This individual will be responsible for the oversight of all campaign components for this $20+ million integrated campaign that includes traditional media, digital media, social media, experiential marketing, influencer strategies, street marketing, PR and other innovative strategies. This person needs to have strong integrated marketing experience, as well as knowledge of today’s LGBT community including events, influencers, and trends. This individual must also have excellent management skills to oversee a brand team that could grow to as many as 20 staff in addition to numerous subcontractors and partners.
This person needs to have strong account management skills including excellent and professional customer service skills to be the client’s primary contact for this campaign. This person needs to understand the process of developing advertisements from creative brainstorm through production (with both in-house and subcontractor teams). This includes an ability to manage the production process, coordinating various creative and production team members with the client. This person also needs a solid grasp of digital and social media tools and technologies. They should posses an understanding of Facebook, Twitter and YouTube; as well as social media applications. Professional social media experience is a plus. Non-tech savvy people need not apply.
Rescue SCG is a for-profit behavior change marketing agency. Clients include local, state, and federal government organizations as well as not-for-profits, schools, and foundations mainly addressing tobacco use, with growing services in violence, binge drinking, and obesity prevention. Rescue SCG provides services in marketing, research, and strategic planning to execute social change efforts nationwide. Rescue SCG efforts are focused on youth and young adult populations to cause behavior change and/or policy change. Rescue SCG’s annual sales have grown over 100% in the past 3 years and are expected to more than quadruple in the next 18 months thanks to new, secured contracts. The Rescue SCG team is youthful and energized, challenging industry standards to develop effective and sustainable solutions to public health issues.
LGBT Brand Director LGBT Tobacco Prevention
The LGBT Brand Director reports to the Senior Director of Client Services and is responsible for planning, management and oversight of all brand activities. The job of the LGBT Brand Director entails activities pertaining to, but not limited to:
• Maintain a positive relationship with the client and all partners and stakeholders;
• Direct and collaborate with RSCG team members to create campaign-related collateral, such as commercials, graphic design, web design, and social media following set protocol;
• Manage and assist with the creative process for the development of new advertising campaigns;
• Plan and manage experiential marketing strategies for the campaign, such as brand participation in competitions, DJ events and concerts, amongst others;
• Manage the campaign website and social media profiles;
• Build partnerships with local promoters, musicians and event organizers to have the campaign participate in their events and to encourage them support the campaign;
• Plan, develop and manage social media campaigns;
• Be able to develop local, regional and national strategies and tactics simultaneously for this campaign;
• Understand what is currently influential within the LGBT community and how the brand can be influential within the community;
• Manage or support all of the social media assets for this brand, including external site profiles (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc.), internally hosted blogs and websites;
• Effectively interact and communicate with audience members on social media;
• Develop strategies to drive traffic to social media profiles;
• Write blogs, cultural content, promotional emails and posts for this brand;
• Develop creative concepts for media to use online such as graphics, videos, and digital experiences;
• Address client concerns while ensuring that implemented strategies follow Rescue SCG’s internal research recommendations;
• Oversee media buying subcontractor’s LGBT placement strategy (Rescue SCG does not perform in-house traditional media planning or buying);
• Oversee PR subcontractor’s LGBT PR strategy (Rescue SCG does not perform in-house PR)
• Assist with other campaigns as needed and assigned by management;
• Provide timely reports on campaign progress to RSCG staff and client.
Bachelor’s Degree +5 years relevant experience OR 10 years relevant experience OR Master’s Degree +3 years relevant experience
Must have valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, computer and Internet access at home. Must be available to work non-traditional hours such as late nights and weekends, all business-related environments are tobacco-free.
Able to remain in a sitting position for prolonged periods of time and stoop, bend, reach, climb stairs, and move freely throughout the building for the performance of duties. Able to read from a computer or laptop monitor for several hours at a time including fonts of various sizes from a variety of sources. Able to travel nationwide as needed to meet with clients, coworkers, or attend meetings and seminars. Able to manually lift up to 40 pounds from the floor to table height and back to the floor.
Experience working in the LGBT community and/or with LGBT young adults;
Strong organizational skills to oversee numerous projects at once;
Ability to excel in high-stress, fast-paced environments;
Desire and ability to work with young adults;
Creativity and an eye for what’s cool in LGBT culture;
Highly attentive to detail / perfectionist;
Demonstrated leadership success, including selecting, supporting and motivating staff;
Must have strong conflict resolution, facilitation and problem solving skills;
Experience managing external and internal resources;
Ability to analyze advertising metrics and report on them;
Ability to quickly identify problems and solve them;
Ability to see the big picture while keeping track of details;
Ability to identify when suggestions by others don’t correspond with research or past experiences and stand up against those suggestions;
Strong knowledge and experience with young adult culture;
Strong verbal communications skills;
Strong editing and writing skills for various client reports, marketing materials, etc.
Experience in advertising/marketing account management;
Creative experience to support creative team members and develop new media;
Strong organizational, communication and writing skills;
Non-tobacco-use is highly preferred because we only have tobacco-free environments and also to be consistent with our tobacco prevention campaign goals.
A comprehensive training would be provided to the selected candidate. The training will be conducted at a Rescue SCG office and paid for by RSCG. This position can be based in San Francisco or Los Angeles but will include mandatory training in San Diego for the first 6 months of employment. Temporary housing and transportation will be provided while training in San Diego.
San Francisco, CA or Los Angeles, CA, (after 6 month training period)
Salary Based on Salary History & Experience – Full Time, Exempt Position
Salary Range Possible – $70,000 – $95,000
Eligible to participate in performance-based bonuses and company benefit plans (health, life, dental & vision)
Target Start Date:
January 1, 2014
All applications must be submitted through Rescue SCG’s online careers system at RescueSCG.com/Careers (unless you qualify to request a reasonable accommodation, as detailed at rescuescg.com/careers). Absolutely no applications via email, mail, fax or in-person delivery. No calls please. EEO/AA M/F/V/D Employer. Questions may only be sent to email@example.com
Apply at Monster.com