Lambda Legal Defense and Education Fund – New York, NY
Lambda Legal seeks a Database and Reports Manager to join our Development Department. This position will be primarily responsible for working with the Development and Finance staff to create and maintain Development reports, exports and imports, and oversee the maintenance of the Raiser’s Edge (possible new database in the near future) and Convio (online) database. This position reports to the Director of Database and Integrated Direct Marketing and supervises the Database Associate and Online Database Associate.
Lambda Legal is a national, nonprofit organization committed to achieving full recognition of the civil rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people and those with HIV through impact litigation, education, and public policy work. Founded in 1973 and headquartered in New York City, Lambda Legal has regional offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta and Dallas.
The Database and Reports Manager (DRM) ensures the security and integrity of data and constituent records, ensures proper allocation of incoming donations as well as reconciles income between Development and Accounting. The DRM implements, maintains and trains Development staff on development database systems and oversees a team of database associates; plus other tasks as assigned. The DRM will be responsible for pulling certain reports and lists for the organization. The DRM will be the go to person for event lists, income reports and any gift/constituent information that needs to be imported or exported out of Raiser’s Edge.
Database and Reports Manager Lambda Legal
Responsibilities The Database and Reports Manager:
- Reports and Data processing- Creates and maintains reports, list pulls, queries, imports, and exports using Raiser’s Edge 7, Crystal Reports, Access, Excel, Convio or other programs to fulfill the data and analysis needs of the Development Department, Board and Volunteers, and the Finance Department
- Database Integrity – Works closely with Development Staff to ensure accuracy in gift and constituent coding; Assumes responsibility for database integrity and responds quickly and accurately to requests for changes and updates to databases. Performs regular cleanup queries to make sure data is accurate.
- Donation and Revenue Maintenance: Manages the daily donation activity, including all online and offline giving, ensuring all donations are correctly coded and credited to the appropriate constituent and ensures that daily reconciliation and income reports are complete by the end of the day as well as monthly and annual reconciliation of Raiser’s Edge income to General Ledger revenue. Acts as liaison between Lambda Legal and outside program administrator for all questions and concerns as well as acts as a point person between Development Staff and Accounting Staff.
- Online Database Maintenance: Oversees Online Database Associate to ensure Convio (Web based database) is in sync with Raiser’s Edge donor database to allow all departments to utilize the program effectively. When the online database associate is out, DRM must be able to process Convio gifts.
- Events Module Maintenance: Work with Events Staff to create accurate and complete Events Module Records in Raiser’s Edge and creates and maintains forms using Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat to ease communications as well as creates and maintains reports to aid Events staff with Event specific needs
Develop and Maintain Development guidelines and train Development staff on use of Raiser’s Edge. Make sure guides and procedures are up-to-date and recorded for other staff to use.
- Troubleshooting/Problem Solving: Provides support to Development and Finance Staff when questions, concerns or problems arise. Prepares for and assists with annual audit for areas concerning income, and other information as needed. Act as a liaison between the Administration and Finance, Development, and EPA departments for areas concerning the input of constituents, gifts, and other data related to the donor database.
- Constituent Management and Donation entry: Review and create individual donor, business and gift records to ensure accuracy and consistency in address listings, gift allocation, pledge payments, giving level, proper and personalized salutations, marital status, gender, matching gift agreements, contact information/limitations and any other information that is required by Development/Finance staff.
The DRM must have excellent written and oral skills. S/he must be detail oriented and focused, yet adaptable and responsive and have excellent problem-solving skills and must work well with others. DRM must know how what information is necessary to export/import data. The Database and Reports Manager MUST have database experience, preferably with Raiser’s Edge. And must be fluent with Microsoft Office products (especially MS Word, Excel and Internet Explorer). We prefer a candidate with fluency in Crystal Reports for Blackbaud, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Outlook.
The position is open until filled. Send resume and cover letter to Kelly Norris at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put title of job opening in the subject line.
No calls please. Due to the high volume of applications, Lambda Legal cannot return phone calls about the position and, regrettably, cannot notify applicants of the status of applications unless an interview is requested.