Another horrifying set of pictures have been released reportedly showing a man being thrown off a tall building after being found guilty of being gay.
Month: January 2015
Well he is on Broadway at least. It was just announced that out gay actor JIM PARSONS is heading back to Broadway in his most holy role to date.
|February 22, 2015||to||March 1, 2015|
Telluride Gay Ski Week – Telluride Gay Ski Week (“TGSW”) is an annual week-long gay ski event produced by StraightOut Media & Marketing with support from the Telluride Mountain Village Owners Association and benefitting the Telluride AIDS Benefit. Ranked the Top Gay Ski Week in the U.S.A., by gay.com, TGSW is an alternative to other gay ski events and provides a unique vacation experience in a spirited and unpretentious ski town. Nestled in a box canyon surrounded by the majestic 13,000 ft peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Telluride Gay Ski Week brings the charm of Telluride together with the European-style town of Mountain Village. Telluride, CO.
Yep, the numbers are in and this gay ski week is one of the top ranked weeks in Telluride (only behind Christmas and New Years…BAM). The 2015 event will be our twelfth consecutive year of fun and the reason the towns of Telluride and Mountain Village love us so much is that YOU keep coming back. Well, yeah!
SOME THINGS KEEP GETTING BETTER…AND SOME THINGS NEVER CHANGE!
We listen to what our guests have to say and so once again we will plan some big as well as some intimate events so that you have a week of options. Our Après Ski parties have become a daily tradition for all guests as well as the annual White Night Party, which has become Telluride’s “celebration of the year”. Be checking in with us and we will keep you updated on events and specials. Even with some fun evening options we know the most popular reason for the week is the skiing. Telluride is continually rated as the top ski resort in the country with some of the friendliest people in the world. The locals are almost fanatical about ski week and have been loud and generous in their support. We like that. Hmmm… there might just be a little gay in everybody.
About Telluride Gay Ski Week
Telluride Gay Ski Week (“TGSW”) is an annual week-long gay ski event produced by StraightOut Media & Marketing with support from the Telluride Mountain Village Owners Association and benefiting the Telluride AIDS Benefit. Ranked the Top Gay Ski Week in the U.S.A., by gay.com, TGSW is an alternative to other gay ski events and provides a unique vacation experience in a spirited and unpretentious ski town. Nestled in a box canyon surrounded by the majestic 13,000 ft peaks of the San Juan Mountains, Telluride Gay Ski Week brings the charm of Telluride together with the European-style town of Mountain Village. For more information, visit www.telluridegayskiweek.com
About StraightOut Media & Marketing
StraightOut Media & Marketing (SOMM) is a Dallas-based company with more than 40 years of combined agency and client side experience; including, national and global public relations, media relations, corporate communications, branding and strategic marketing. SOMM brings demonstrated expertise in a range of markets and industries from retail, non-profit organizations, diversity marketing, restaurants, hotels and destination marketing to mobile communications, broadcast media, print media, motion pictures, financial communications and residential and multi-family housing. In addition to solid mainstream experience, SOMM has developed a strong reputation as one of the very few “go to” agencies when clients are looking for expertise in marketing to the GLBT community. For more information, visit www.straightoutmedia.com
The Telluride AIDS Benefit (“TAB”) is a non-profit organization committed to fight, fund, and educate by raising awareness about HIV/AIDS locally and globally. TAB raises awareness about HIV, AIDS, STD’s, discrimination, and safer sex practices by innovative global programs, our peer education and middle/high school education workshops, and adult outreach through education and events. They also raise funds and collaborate with the Western Colorado AIDS Project “WestCAP”, Denver Children’s Hospital Immunodeficiency Program “CHIP”, and the Manzini Youth Care Project. TAB has expanded it’s mission into the vision of continuing to raise awareness in local communities about the global pandemic of HIV/AIDS. The Telluride AIDS Benefit primary purpose is to generate financial support for HIV education programs and for client care in Western Colorado.
We are proud to support the Telluride AIDS Benefit.
Dust of your platforms and dig out your flares as the world’s number one touring ABBA production ABBA MANIA, returns to St George’s Hall in Bradford on Saturday 21 February.
Out & Equal – San Francisco, CA
The Community Relations Manager will report to the Associate Director of Community Relations and principally oversee the Out & Equal U.S. based programs that rely on human networks — relationships with individuals and partnerships with collaborating organizations and advisory boards — to increase the impact that Out & Equal is able to make to achieve LGBT workplace equality.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated team player with experience in community relations.
Community Relations Manager
- Manage the Out & Equal Regional Affiliate program and expand Regional Affiliate council leadership and effectiveness: motivating affiliates to provide maximum exposure and revenues
- Expand opportunities to engage ERG (employee resource group) leaders and members
- Develop increasingly effective avenues for volunteer engagement through all programs, focused on identifying and recruiting volunteer participants, building a motivated and deep pool of volunteer leaders
- Maintain/improve program infrastructure and collaboration (in partnership with other departments) to provide necessary support for local programming efforts
- Leverage Diversity Advisory Committees to ensure Out & Equal’s goals of full and broad inclusion permeate all programming activities
- Oversee relationships with community organizations, prioritizing and optimizing opportunities for collaboration
- Develop and oversee engagement opportunities for regional affiliates and advisory committees in and at major organizational events such as the annual Out & Equal Workplace Summit, Executive Forum, and Momentum Gala
Work with Regional Affiliate leadership teams to ensure that events are well-executed, including registration, communications and marketing functions using Out & Equal platforms, guidelines and templates
- Oversee pre- and post-event reporting, including attendance metrics
- Monitor any contracts and payments in conjunction with Out & Equal Finance team
- Manage online registration and attendance lists, including event revenue
Work as part of the Out & Equal team to develop the vision and define the goals for Community Empowerment programs aligned with Out & Equal’s overall organizational strategies and business plan including monitoring and reporting on performance
- Engage constituent stakeholders to develop and/or execute strategies that extend Out & Equal’s reach and impact via its affiliate and partnership programs
- Enlist volunteer stakeholders in the creation of clear goals for the local action that advance Out & Equal’s impact in ways that are meaningful and measurable: create dashboard, track and analyze metrics to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the program(s)
- Budget creation, management, and adherence
- Monitor and report on affiliates’ revenue and expense in conjunction with Out & Equal Finance team
- Work with affiliates to achieve budgeted revenue goals
Work with Communications team to coordinate and oversee communications outlets for affiliates, including
- Email campaigns using Constant Contact and/or similar platforms, in coordination with Out & Equal Communications team
- Monitor web-presence on Facebook, LinkedIn, other communities and individual affiliate webpages
Employee Resource Group Registry:
Manage and maintain digital registry of employee resource groups, including
- Monitoring registration metrics, census on a regular basis
- Creating and monitoring content on registration platform
Ensure that affiliate activities comply with Out & Equal Internal Control Policies and Procedures; monitoring
- Out & Equal brand
- Financial controls and contractual obligations
- Council procedures and member terms
Program oversight and execution:
Ensure through direct management and/or influence that Out & Equal commitments are met and programs executed at the highest level of quality
- Serve as a role model of sound judgment, capable staff and volunteer management, respectful collaboration, innovative problem solving and gracious adaptability.
- BA degree in communications, community relations or related field
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle changing deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with other organizational teams, and organizations
- Motivated, outgoing self-starter who can implement projects with a minimal amount of supervision
- Knowledge of social networks, including Twitter and Facebook
- Tech-savvy, familiarity with Salesforce platforms
- Expert level Excel skills and proficiency in other Microsoft programs, including Word and PowerPoint
- Proficiency in video editing programs
- Awareness of national and global LGBT workplace issues
Physical activity requirements
This position requires frequent computer use and occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Send resume with cover letter and include the position to which you are applying (in subject line) to: email@example.com or fax to Out & Equal Workplace Advocates, FAX (415) 694-6530. Applications that do not include a cover letter will not be considered. NO PHONE CALLS,
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on any of the following: race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or gender characteristic, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Out & Equal Workplace Advocates is the leading global organization devoted to LGBT workplace equality. Our vision is a world where workers are evaluated on their performance, not their sexual orientation or gender identity, expression, or characteristics. Our mission is to educate and empower all those who are working to build inclusive workplaces.
Founded by Chief Executive Officer, Selisse Berry in 1996, Out & Equal has grown significantly with dramatic increases in attendance for the annual Workplace Summit since 1999, the expansion of volunteer regional affiliates across the United States, and many global initiatives. Today, Out & Equal is an internationally recognized nonprofit organization with 20 dedicated staff members who collectively address the needs of thousands of constituents around the globe.
Based in San Francisco, Out & Equal Workplace Advocates has a diverse full-time staff that serves a network of affiliates, employee resource groups, trainers, LGBTA executives and a burgeoning family of advocates around the globe.