Purpose: The SF LGBT Center is seeking request for proposal to provide event planning and coordination for the organization’s largest annual fundraiser, Soiree.
Events Coordinator SF LGBT Center
Background: Held in the spring, Soiree is the SF LGBT Center’s largest fundraising event of the year. Soiree 2015 celebrates the thirteenth anniversary of the Center opening its doors to provide innovative services and programs to the community. The Center is looking to build from Soiree 2014, which had a 1,100 guests in attendance and raised just over $150,000.00. The current event consist of a VIP reception followed by a general admission party featuring food and beverage stations, live entertainment and a silent auction. The Center is committed to creating an event that showcases and highlights the vibrant diversity of the San Francisco Bay Area and the members of our community.
General Scope of Work: The contractor will work closely with the Center’s Development Department, Development Events Coordinator and the Soiree Planning Committee throughout the planning and implementation process. While we understand that there are no guarantees on attendance or financial results, we strive to produce a seamless and lucrative event. Upon contacting, the Center will provide information to you from previous years and current year factors. In order to successfully deliver the project the contractor will hold the following responsibilities:
- Provide input into the design and curation of visuals (both décor and audio visual) tied to the theme
- Work with the Development Events Coordinator to identify vendors, generate quotes and ensure that they fall within budget and payment is processed in a timely manner
- Work with the Development team to create a functional venue layout
- Work with the Development Events Coordinator to develop logistics and operations plans to include production and staffing timelines
- Hold relationship with vendors in relation to quotes, agreements, contracts and permits
- Participate in planning committee meetings provide event updates
- Provide input on promotional materials and marketing strategies
- Work with the Development Events Coordinator to establish volunteer needs and work with volunteers as needed
- Assist in sourcing and contracting entertainment and ensuring performance riders are fulfilled
Information Requests: At minimum, the proposal should address the following items, as applicable:
- Background and experience with similar events. Specific examples and/or website are preferred
- References, including contact information, of at least 2 events
- Overview of how you would contribute to raise attendance, public awareness and net income for the event
Deadline: Proposals should be received in our offices no later than 5:00 PM on Monday, September 8 2014. The anticipated start date for this project is anticipated for October 1, 2014.
Submission Details: Please provide an electronic copy of the proposal to: JimmyA@sfcenter.org